Here are some pictures of my progress on the portrait of the McNamara girls. When I last posted I had just started on the skin tones. I’ve come a long way since then! This is the picture that I posted on March 28th.
At this point, I was still moving eyes and facial features around. I added the lettering to Caroline’s sweatshirt, and worked on the background a bit.
This is where the color really started to come into play. It’s such a good feeling to get into color after working in black and white for so long.
And by the end of the day on Saturday, this is where I found myself. I’ve got more work to do all around, but especially with the faces. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve generally been working left to right. I still have quite a ways to go, but it’s getting there.
Here is the original, so you can see what I need to work on.