Eric’s mom gave me a dollhouse kit that she originally bought to put together for Eric’s sister when she was one. I don’t blame her for never assembling it herself, because it was quite time-consuming. After a few months of on and off work, the basics are done. Now I can start decorating! Noelle calls it a dollhouse most of the time, but sometimes she calls it a “doll home” which I find so funny for some reason.
Thankfully it passed its initial inspection.
The attic window was the only missing piece. I made a little frame out of some small wood scraps that I had, and used clear plastic from a photo album cover for the window. I used puffy paints to make it sort of stained glass-y.
Most of the floors are just the original kit floors (plywood) that I white washed and drew on with a sharpie to simulate floorboards. The bathroom floor is the only inside floor that I painted over entirely. I wanted it to look like marble tiles.
So that’s it for now. I still have to make a bunch of furniture and accessories, buy some furniture, and finish the front. I want to make window boxes, and the front door still needs a knob. It has been a lot of fun so far!